A Craft for Kids -- Bulletin Board Circle

There are days when it is simply too cold to play outside with the kids. And since I am always in search of things to keep me organized here is something to keep you organized and the kids entertained!

Supplies: At first I was going to get corkboard but thought I would try a round styrofoam circle from the craft store. If you do use corkboard be sure to check if you need to add an old piece of cardboard behind it to protect the wall if it is thin.
*fantastic fabric--I am using Jennifer Paganelli's Sis Boom fabric *glue--NOT hot glue--it will not be nice to the styrofoam *scissors *stick pins *decorative brads/tacks *ribbon  

What to do: *Cut the fabric around the circle so that it will wrap around the disc neatly. Glue. (The kids can do this messy part:)   


*Cut your thinner grosgrain ribbon and figure out placement. I held down with pins.... *Glue the ribbon strips to the back. I used pins to hold while the glue dried. *I covered the back mess with a piece of art paper. You can use fabric...Glue down. *Stick the decorative brads/tacks in the four corners.
*Add the wider ribbon around the circle with glue.
*Add a loop for hanging and...
You are done! I like how it coordinates with the calendar I made of the kids.
 

No comments: