One Minute Journaling Prompt for this Week

Do you remember tests where you had to write for one minute without stopping and it could not be only one word written over and over? I saw a post where someone wrote for one minute and I wanted to give it a try. This is the prompt for this week's One Minute Journaling:
What leaves me in awe today?

"I am in awe that a group of women, most that I have never met, would trust that I could lead them not only in prayer but in a book study. I am in awe of the fellowship, sharing, insight, and vulnerability that these precious ladies bring each week. I am in awe that God chose me to encourage and be a shoulder when I don't always feel worthy."

QUESTION: What leaves you in awe today?
  Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

BeadedTail said...

I don't think I've ever had one of those one minute tests before. Not sure if I could write for a minute or would mess it up by trying to be "perfect" as usual. However, the thing that left me in awe today is when I did ignore that perfectionist gene I have, I created some earrings that turned out better than I imagined! By the way, I'm not surprised those ladies trust you to lead them because you are so inspiring, warm and welcoming Erika!

Splendid Little Stars said...

What a great experience for you!
I did The Artist's Way with a group of friends. We were to write in a journal for 20 minutes every morning first thing. We had to keep writing for that length of time even if we thought we had nothing to say. It was very enlightening.

SarahBeth said...

Sometimes the best writing comes from opening your heart and letting your mind free. That sounds like what you did in your minute.

storybeader said...

watching a Chautauqua scholar stand up for a whole hour on stage and keep me entertained about baseball! He was portraying Babe Ruth. {:-D

Memories for Life said...

I remember these tests...wonder what I wrote about back in the day :)
These ladies chose a great woman to lead them!

Judy Nolan said...

I don't recall doing a one-minute writing activity as a test, but instead as a creative writing exercise. I thought it was fun, and was in awe of how much people (including me) actually wrote when they set aside their internal Editor!